Thread: vir-win32.virut.gen5

vir-win32.virut.gen5

Yesterday while playing a online game I received a message "vir-win32.virut.gen5 detected". I initially ignored it. But then later on suddenly my Operating system asked me to Restart the system. I Restarted the system. Now after every 10 -20 minutes my Operating System is asking me to Restart. Why is this happening ? I don't know which anti-virus is installed on my system. I am using Windows XP. I usally play online games on Internet Explorer 8.

Re: vir-win32.virut.gen5

The primary reason would be a Virus which sneaked into your computer while playing online game. Disconnect you computer from internet. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode. To go on Safe Mode Reboot your computer, keep clicking the F8 Key when you see the initial manufacturer logo. Select Safe Mode using the arrow key. In this mode most of the system resoures of the third party are disabled. Now scan your computer. Also use Mozilla Firefox rather than Internet Explorer 8 because it is more faster, accurate and more safe than Internet Explorer.

Your machine is surely infected by a trojan or virus. I too faced a similar issue when I was using my machine without any anti virus. First thing is to make sure that you have a anit virus installed. Always keep your Anti virus updated. Check your machine and see whether you have any anti virus installed or not. AVAST anti virus is the best against such threats. Install AVAST 9.0 and run a Schedule Boot Time Scan on your machine. This will help you get rid of the vir-win32.virut.gen5.

Try to Restore your system. Click on the Start button on the bottom left of your screen. Then select Programs > select Accessories > select System Tools > Select System Restore. This will help you restore yor computer to an earlier safe state. Once done install your computer with an antivirus and then run a full system scan.

Virut attacks all .exe. files on your systems. You can't boot to safe mode and get rid of this bug. It is very dangerous bug, Left alone will infect you entire pc, the more you have your system up the more files it effects. Us a dos virus scanner to remove this bug.