Thread: Modem Error 680 - No dial tone

Modem Error 680 - No dial tone

Hi,

My computer has always worked just fine. I use dial-up (NetZero is the ISP). I can't connect to the Internet; I get error 680: no dial tone message! The phone line is plugged in and no errors in the device manager, I don’t have a firewall either. I scan for viruses every day. I haven’t used dial up in a long time so I’m not sure how to fix it.

Re: Modem Error 680 - No dial tone

Did you set up a network connection in dial-up Network Connections in Control Panel? All questions that arise in the process should solve your problem (assuming you have an ISP that connected the phone line and work your modem) (and assuming you want to make a dial-no, DSL, cable, etc.).. Then you can configure connection with the shortcuts wherever you want.

If the modem installation seems successful and has two solid green lights on your modem, but still receive the error message " 680: No dial tone, then :

1. If you have an internal 56k modem please disable the modem, right or click the My Computer icon on the desktop and select Properties

2. If you have a Device Manager tab at the top select this, otherwise, select the Hardware tab along the top and then click the Device Manager button

In the Device Manager, click the + sign in the selection of modem and then ...
    Identify and right-click the modem icon and select Disable / Properties and then Disable in this hardware profile

Once you have completed this process, close the Device Manager and restart the computer and try to connect to broadband connection.

I had the same problem, try the following steps :
    1-go to my computer properties choose Hardware tab and then chose the Device Manager option
    2-A new window will now open the option of seeking modem double click that option.
    3-A sub-menu opens.
    4-Now go to the properties of that sub-menu
    5-will open another window
    6-Now chose the Modem tab and adjust the maximum port speed to 19200
    This trick work for me !!!!!

Have you updated the correct and the latest drivers?? To find out, click Start, Control Panel, double-click Phone and Modem Options and select the modem on the Modems tab. In the Modem Properties box, click the Driver tab and note the information on the Driver tab. Visit the manufacturer's website to ensure you have the latest driver and is compatible with Windows XP. If an update, download and install the modem and then try again.

Make sure there is a dial tone available on the phone you are connected to the modem. To do this, connect a telephone to this jack using a different cable and make sure you can hear a dial tone. If you can not hear a dial tone, try using a different outlet to connect the modem. You can also contact your telephone company for information about how to obtain a dial tone at the start.