Thread: Norton toolbar disappears with Windows 7

Norton toolbar disappears with Windows 7

Hi,

I just upgraded my pc Win XP to Windows 7. It worked fine for a couple of days. Today the Norton toolbar has disappeared from my Mozilla Firefox browser. I tried reinstalling but got the error message, "Firefox cannot install - see error console -203". Neither Norton nor Mozilla has a solution, so it must be Win7: Can anyone tell me how to restore the Norton toolbar ?????? Thanks for your time

Re: Norton toolbar disappears with Windows 7

Have you tried View> Toolbars. If not, try, shown in the control panel, which means that the system was installed. If you can not do anything, try to uninstall all toolbars and reinstall them all. This is definitely going to solve the problem. Also, try to find toolbar option related to your antivirus Norton.

My Firefox worked perfectly before NIS 2010 include the addons. But after that installing the patch. Well, you know the answer. It is a pity that this patch has been released without testing it first. As I also read that this patch is available only for some randomly selected customers and Symantec then see if there is a problem before the release of this revision to all customers. I think that we are one of the dummies that were selected at random.

The first thing you need to do is, get rid of that .Net Framework wizard from Microsoft, which probably was installed by Microsoft on your computer without your knowledge and if it has not been updated, it presents a vulnerability in Firefox. If you do not need it and not install it yourself, ax it! Secondly, click 'View »Toolbars →" "in the FF menu bar, do you see in the list does not? If so, just checking the box to the left of the toolbar of each missing must restore both. Please see the Google Toolbar in the menu, you may want to check to see if it is on the list of Firefox add-ons available through "Tools" → "Addons". If the Google toolbar is not there either, you really need to reinstall note in particular that is said about the extension files for corruption. Report and let us know how the above worked for you!