Thread: File Sharing Error Message

File Sharing Error Message

Hello friends,

I am facing some issue with my Dell laptop whenever i try to enable sharing on a folder i get an error message which says that the server service was not started, a shared resource was not created. But early i was able to share files and folders on it, i am facing this issue from few days. Can anyone help em out with this issue ?

If you are getting server service was not started, a shared resource was not created, the make sure your server is started, if it is then try click on start got run option and type services.msc, over here a new window will open which consists of Open Services, over there scroll down to Server service, now click on start service and set it to automatic and finally reboot your computer for changes to get effected.

I am also getting File Sharing Error Message on Windows Vista where i had share a folder and printer installed on the desktop, but the laptop is not finding the shared folder and printer. When i had a check i was not able to see the network setup. Can anyone help me out with this issue ?

if you are not able to view network setup then on Windows Vista machine click on start go to run option and type regedit, then a registry window would get open, now browse to the following location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa, then in the right side double click on LmCompatibilityLevel and change the value to 1 adn reboot your system for changes to get effected.