Thread: Boot scan using Avast

Boot scan using Avast

I have just installed a new Anti virus named Avast. Earlier I used AVG which I removed since it was on trial version. I am using Windows. Now I do not many features of Avast as I have never used it earlier. I am aware of how to scan my computer normally, but it is also said to provide a Boot Time Scan. I want to know what is Boot Time Scan. How can I use it ? What is its purpose ?
    Last edited by KANAN14; 03-11-2009 at 10:47 PM.

Re: Boot scan using Avast

Avast a feature known as Boot Time Scan. This scan checks for virus and threats to your system before your Windows start. This is really a good feature as it does not permits the virus to load itself in the Memory while Windows is starting. You can Schedule a Boot Time Scan in following manner:
    Right click on the Avast icon in the system tray (Or if you have an Avast icon on desktop then click to start the anti virus)> Click on "Start Avast Anti Virus" > Avast anti virus will begin a memory scan > After memory scan finishes, right click on the Avast window and select "Schedule Boot Time Scan" > In Schedule Boot Time Scan window select "Scan all Local disk"(or check the drive or directory you want to scan) and check on "Advanced Options" > Select "Move infected files to Chest" and select "No action" for system files and click "Schedule" button. > You be asked to Restart your system, click "Yes" to reboot and start the Boot scan.

I also had earlier used AVG and then switched to Avast. It provides a real good security to my computer from virus, trojan and related threats. A unique way to scan your computer is by using the "Schule Boot Time Scan" offered by Avast Anti virus. This unique feature would scan your files on Hard-Disk before your Operating System i.e O.S or any other programs load. This will help you get rid of those Virus and/or Trojan which you might not be able to remove and delete in Normal scan.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Boot Time scanning for your machine provided by Avast anti virus enables you to delete unwanted, suspicous, illegal programs. This you can perform once every month to check whether any unwanted program has sneaked into your machine without your knowledge. I do a Boot scan every month. It takes approximately about 50 to 60 minutes to scan. Once you start the anti virus, right click on it and select the Schedule Boot Time Scan. Then you will have to select the path you want to scan, you can also go for a complete scan. Try it.