Thread: Configuring default e-mail account in Entourage

Configuring default e-mail account in Entourage

Hi,

I have several email accounts, I would put one of them as the default. In the help menu, it says that this is possible under the item entitled "Enter the default email account. It says under Account Settings, select the email account you want, then click "Set Default".

Where is the "Default" choice? I see nowhere! Is there another way to do this or I'm totally blind and that what is missing?

Re: Configuring default e-mail account in Entourage

To make a default e-mail account in Entourage, Open Entourage, gpo to preferences under Entourage in the Menu bar. Select Reply & Forward. Do you have checked Reply using the default account? If checked it always replies with the account set as default.

The default mail account is selected by Entourage if you open a new mail message and you do not have a mail account selected in the folder listThe pane of the Entourage window that contains folders for messages, contacts, and other items. If the folder list is not visible, on the View menu, click Show Folder List. If you are working in Calendar view, Show Folder List is available on from the Calendar menu..

1. On the Entourage menu, click Account Settings.
    2. Click the Mail tab, and then click the account that you want to set as the default account.
    3. Click Make Default.

Note To send a message from an account other than your default mail account, create a new mail message and then select an account on the From menu. If you only have one mail account set up, the From menu is not available.

The preference to set the default email application is no longer in System Preferences. Apple now requires you to make this setting in Safari or Mail preferences Entourage 2008 now offers this option in Entourage preferences. I like IC-Switch function which places a small icon in the menu bar that allows you to switch the application you want as default for email, web, FTP, etc. quickly and easily change the default app testing.

Hi, I can't also find the button to make a account the default account? Thank you for any help.

It will be in the preference menu. Just go to menu bar and click on Mail than Preferences and click on General. Here you will find a big button click to set Entourage as your default e-mail client. Or in the drop down menu of Default Email Reader select Entourage. Thats it.

Hi and thanks,
    but I'm not looking for setting Encourage as default mail client but I'm looking for setting a account as an default account if I sending out mails.

If you want to make an email account the default account, lets say in Outlook then follow the given suggestions:

1. Select Tools | Accounts... from the menu.
    2. In Windows Mail and Outlook Express, go to the Mail tab.
    3. Highlight the desired account.
    4. Click Set as Default.
    5. Now click Close.

Similary you can use the method given above for Windows Live Mail.