Thread: WiFi's security authentication

WiFi's security authentication

Hello,
    I have to make small setup for my firm. we decided that we setup the wi-fi network at work place.I am worry about rogue clients gaining access to the access point.so, how can i protect WiFi's ? one of my friend suggest me WiFi's security authentication. what is it? Is it secure for my network? How i can implement? Any suggestion??

Re: WiFi's security authentication

With a wireless network, not cable are needed to network your computers and share your Internet connection. Wi-Fi connects computers, printers, video cameras and game consoles in a Fast Ethernet network via the use of encryption microwaves.to, but very few "connect-as-you-go service of forcing the public as they would return without customers - based on the wireless encryption is still the exception. And what type of encryption can we turn? WPA-PSK, WPA or total is the bottom line to properly secure wireless communications, but it is not yet supported encryption universally.WiFi completely and use the application specific encryption (PGP Mail for example), or the fire of a VPN client and the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), which creates its own encrypted tunnel between a client application and Web servers or applications being accessed.

For secure use wireless use application specific encryption (PGP Mail for example), or the fire of a VPN client and the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), which creates its own encrypted tunnel between an application client and Web servers or applications being differently accessed.A ensure that the client and access point is genuine is to use authentication, which in terms wireless means using the protocol admission control EAP/802.1X. If a customer is not authentic, it can not authenticate, and the same applies to a point of unauthorized access. As encryption can be placed on the AP and the client to exclude all the PC does not have the correct key or keys, so that the same process can be put in place to ensure that all stations on the wireless network are who they claim to be. For any wireless network really secure, encrypted data is only the first step of authentication is a second step necessary to complete security, as it has come to believe in the world of wireline communications.

Access points wireless announce themselves publicly, using what is called a (SSID Service Set Identifier), so that you notice very quickly. The first task with any mass-market router / access point is to change the name of the default, which is usually just the name of the company that makes it.epending the design, it is usually possible to specify computers or devices can access the access point WLAN hardware address white-listing MAC. Simply turn on all computers that use the wireless network, and included in the list of acceptable machines using the Configuration utility access point once everyone has been positively identified.Authentication seems a little intimidating, and it remains very much a technology company entry-level authentication service Witopia's Wi-Fi can secure from one to three access points and up to five user accounts, a surprisingly small amount of 9.99 per year, excluding one-time activation fee. The small business version can handle from one access point and 10 to 100 users for between $ 198 and $ 332 for a cost under $ 14.99 per access point per year.