Thread: Windows startup issue after installing ESET

Windows startup issue after installing ESET

Here I will explain my problem: I recently download a recent version of ESET (I think 4.0) to run a virus scan on my pc to clean a little. I do not use antivirus because my firewall serves me the same purpose ample of time (so far ...). But now, I think that the antivirus contained a virus that now prevents me from starting my computer.

Symptoms: When I start the pc it goes to the window to start a session and when I enter my password it shut off the computer instead of opening the session. At the very beginning when I nabbed the virus, he came to start the PC when on two but impossible to launch any program, whether it will be windows media player, the Remove Programs panel, etc.. except internet. And yet, it was impossible to run a virus scan online!

The big problem is that I absolutely want to retrieve data from my pc, including the pictures that I might lose if I format the pc. So with another PC (not laptop) at my disposal, the three solutions I see are:

1: burn an antivirus that runs under DOS but I do not know where on a CD that I run at startup and hope it solves the problem.
    2: Disconnect the infected hard drives connected to my other pc and run a virus scan in the hope that it solves the problem.
    3: copy the images on my other pc and reformat it all but I want to avoid arriving at this solution because it would take a long time

And with no available SATA port on my other pc, I heard that there were computers that allowed to connect internal hard drives with USB, is this true? If yes, how to call these cameras and how much does it cost?

Re: Windows startup issue after installing ESET

Hello,

A virus is essential, since a firewall can not replace it. Did you tried safe mode with support for the network? To start, press the F8 key at PC boot (before the Windows logo) until the menu with the different modes appear, and select Safe Mode with support network.

Tell me if it worked.

Exactly, Safe Mode does not work, the symptoms are exactly the same as that of a normal startup. That's why I am considering the possibility of the virus that launches from DOS.

Hmm ... I see.

In this case, you can try a scan from a Live boot CD with Avira Rescue System. Obviously, we must create the Live boot CD on another PC that works well and has an Internet connection. Once burned, you can insert the CD into the infected PC to boot directly on the scan.

Thanks the computer is repaired! Before the technique of virus, I started a recovery console windows as it was leaving the factory. And it worked!

Only problem now is that the account I created is gone and I can not find more! There were a bunch of pictures and music which I like a lot but I do not see them as they were on my previous account that has a different name now. What is certain is that they are still there because the space on the hard drive has not changed. Anyway I have no idea how to restore session. I'll get a little on the net waiting ...