Thread: Data In Cdrom Drive Is Not Visible

Data In Cdrom Drive Is Not Visible

My computer is infected with msrun32.exe virus, If i insert cd into the cdrom drive and double click on it, the drive opens but no data is visible.
    I tried using show hidden files and folders but invain please help!...

Re: Data In Cdrom Drive Is Not Visible

The virus MsRun32.exe spreads with the help of removable drives. So to remove the infection:

Temporarily disable the System Restore.
    • Also backup the registry before performing the following steps to restore any unlikely changes.
    • Restart the PC in the safe mode.
    • Kill the process msrun32.exe from the task manager.
    • Remove the process from the startup list of msconfig (type msconfig.exe in Run).
    • Search for the process in the My Computer and delete every instance of it.

And then
    • Scan the computer with good Anti Virus and download Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware that will clean your system from Malwares, hopefully this one too.
    • Open registry editor and search for msrun32.exe, delete all the instances that come up, including this one.
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run\”MSN Messengger” = “%System%\MsRun32.exe”
    • Reboot.

Restart your computer in Safe Mode by pressing F8 on the boot time. From the menu select Last Good Known configuration. Then go to the same menu by again pressing F8 on boot time and choose Safe Mode. Run a full system scan under this mode. It is necessary that your virus update must be till current time. So update your antivirus first. Then run a registry repair tool in order to clear up the keys created by the virus.

Most CD-ROM drive problems are actually caused by mishandling the CDs. If the drive is NOT being detected by the BIOS then the first thing that needs testing is the drive itself. Fingerprints and scratches on the surface of the disc cause electrical noise when read in the CD-ROM drive. Never touch the recorded surface of a disc. Instead, always hold it by the edges. The ATA (or IDE) channel master or slave assignment is either configured automatically by the data cable or it is configured by a jumper on the back side of the CD-ROM drive. If a new CD-ROM drive has been added, check this configuration.

hi..
    thanks for your suggestions, i tried all the suggestions but no result. please help me with further instructions