Thread: Need help on a city to city connection with a 10mbps minimum of connectivity

Need help on a city to city connection with a 10mbps minimum of connectivity

I am currently a student at a computer tech school and have been given the task of coming up with a network proposal. I have some areas that I need more light shed upon so I can gain a better understanding of how things work. In the proposal I have two LAN's ( Greenville and Charlotte ) , I need at least a 10mbps minimum connection between the two cities. In my original rough draft network topology, I had a T1 line connecting the 2 cities, my instructor remarked with, "is this going to be enough?" With a T1 supporting 1.5 mbps, I assume it wouldn't be enough. I have been trying to find pricing on connections, but with little actual information to provide, I haven't been getting anywhere. I know I could go with a T3 line, but aren't they expensive? and wouldn't that be overkill? Also in the proposal, access to the internet will be via the Greenville office and the infrastructure must be capable of supporting VoIP. I just need a direction to go with and better understanding of how the connection is made through cabling, leased lines, towers and what is the pricing, who are the providers? Any help would be welcome.
    I want to know what I'm talking about when I do my presentation, I am eager to learn and I am open to suggestions.

Re: Need help on a city to city connection with a 10mbps minimum of connectivity

Basically, it all depends how big is the infrastructure and is it really necessary incase if it is needed very much. If you say you want to setup from city to city connectivity then I would only guess that depending upon the requirements you can make up your mind. T3 lines internet usually runs at 45mbps speed. T3 is one of the fastest tracks of the high-speed Internet, you can get from an ISP. Although it is sometimes referred to as DS3 (digital signal 3) Both expressions are synonymous, and to provide the same amount of broadband. T3 is used to places that universities demand much more bandwidth due to a higher volume of users or large data transfers and is often seen in places such as offices, hospitals, and. T3 Internet is also very relevant when collocation becomes a problem, as access to data from a remote location is only desirable if you can do so quickly.
    The main difference you notice between a T1 and T3 connections is speedIt is not only 3 times speed In fact, since a T3 connection is really 28 T1 lines alongside each other. While you can get 1.5 megabytes per second on a T1 line, on average, T3 lines are able to deliver 45 megabytes per second, this speed is added to a price, however, T3 lines are much more expensive than T1 lines. Business So, if you're a web-based seeking maximum efficiency of your Internet, T3 connections are the only way to go. But if you're someone looking to download music at home, a T1 connection would be more than enough.