Thread: My Windows is infected with Win32/Fakeinit

My Windows is infected with Win32/Fakeinit

Hi,
    I need help on Win32/Fakeinit. This virus is not getting out from my system. I used combo fix for the purpose. The files is detected each and everytime in hijackthis log files. I need some details to remove the same completely. The virus was first detected on use of a USB drive in my system. I ignored the warning and then the system performance reduces to an extent. I does not want to format the computer again. It is a tedious job. So does there a way lies by which I can fix this issue out. Thanks.

Re: My Windows is infected with Win32/Fakeinit

It is a trojan downloader virus. The virus intends to download more virus in your computer. This eats up your system resources. Most probably first press Ctrl + F in your windows directory and locate the files. Press Shift + Delete for the same. Then click on Start > Run > type regedit. In the windows go to the following path - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Internet Settings, ProxyServer = 213.85.4.102:8080. Remove the last keys. Restart your computer and scan again.

Never run a system restore service while you system is infected to virus. Because this will restore the infection back to your computer. First disable system restore. Right click on C drive and then click on Properties. In the windows go to System Restore tab and turned it off. Do this for all the drives. Then boot in safe mode and run a full system scan. You can use Kapersky for the same.

Here is a small list of files created by the virus. You must delete this at once in order to get rid of it. Also it is recommended that you must run a registry scan for the better security. The files are avro9.exe, winhelper.dll, warning.html and winupdate.exe. All this files are created by virus and located in the System directory of Windows.