Thread: Need some information on supergerbal trojan

Need some information on supergerbal trojan

Hi,
    Hijackthis log file found supergerbal trojan. The files is making my system extremely slow. I need removal instructions for the same. I had installed AVG antivirus. I had run the scan the virus is detecting but not deleting the virus. On each scan the virus is detected continuously. Which is the recommended anti virus for this. Thanks.

Re: Need some information on supergerbal trojan

The virus modifies the registry and manipulates the system. You can delete those entries created by the virus. It is recommended that you must run registry editor tool. The registry editor will repair the same. Second thing click on Start > Run and type sfc /scannow. It will prompt you for windows disc. Provide the same. This scan will replace the corrupted windows file.

Trojan viruses are designed for auto launch and mostly they are self replicating. If you antivirus is not able to delete the same then download and isntall Norton. It is best for trojan viruses. It is also needed that you must scan the same system under safe mode. Restart your computer and press F8 continuously. The system will show up a menu choose safe mode and scan your pc again.

Snake0 Guest

You can search for the similar file name for the virus. The file is normally located in the C drive of Windows directory. The files corrupted the files of System32 folder. The virus either be deleted or quarantined by the antivirus. If you antivirus application is not able to remove it then it is possible that your virus definition file is corrupted.