Thread: Need some information on runouce.exe

Need some information on runouce.exe

Hi,
    I need some information on runouce.exe application file. Is this file related to my operating system. I am using Windows XP. I have seen this service couple of time running in the background of my computer. Normally this file has appeared after I downloaded a toolbar from internet. Now I had removed the same but still the application is running in the process list of Task Manager and eating up some system resource.

Re: Need some information on runouce.exe

The virus enters your system in the form of readme.eml and creates references to this in the html file it finds. It also extracts a file called RunOuce.exe in the C: \ Windows \ System. Then adds the value "RunOnce" = C: \ Windows \ System \ RunOuce.exe to the HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run to ensure execution of the virus in each system startup. It copies in base64 encoded format to all shares it finds on the network with the name (computer name). Eml. This file has ChiniseHacker chain. Run a full system scan under safe mode.

Follow the below instruction to remove the virus from your computer. Delete the value Runonce = C:\Windows\System\RunOuce.exe of the HKLM\ Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Reset the computer, delete the file RunOuce.exe the C:Windows\System. Scan your computer with NOD32 antivirus updated to today's date and delete all infected files.

This application is most likely downloaded and installed through vulnerabilities in system security or by another application that is considered to be adware or spyware. The alias names of the same virus is W32/Chir.A-mm, I-Worm.Runouce, W32.Chir @ mm W32/Chir.a @ MM, W32/Runouce, Win32/ChiHack.worm.10748, etc. Delete this any of files you found on your system.