Thread: Virus in Windows user switching files

Virus in Windows user switching files

Hi,
    Due to some virus issue I scanned my system with Kapersky. The antivirus is showing up a file fastuserswitching.exe in the result. The antivirus program prompted me before to delete the file. I gave no because I think this files is related to Windows. Again the same pop up message came up for the deletion of file. I am not able to figure out that why my antivirus is detecting a Windows file as a threat. Does this files is corrupted by virus. If yes then I can I restore it back to normal. Thanks.

Re: Virus in Windows user switching files

It is not a Windows file. It is a virus which belongs to trojan family. It is recommended that you must delete it at once. The files also generates some files similar to windows. Due to which it stays hidden. The files which are created by this files is HELPSVC.DLL, LOGONHOURS.DLL, NTMSSVC.DLL, NWSAPAGENT.DLL, NLA.DLL, NWCWORKSTATION.DLL, PCAUDIT.DLL, SRSERVICE.DLL, UPLOADMGR.DLL and WMDMPMSP.DLL. remove all this files from your computer.

Re: Virus in Windows user switching files

Some virus files are named on the basis of Windows files to skip antivirus protection. But if caught the antivirus prompts for complete removal. You does not need to worry about the same. Run a full system scan under safe mode. If the virus is detected then remove it. Then click on Start > Run and type sfc /scannow. It will prompt your for windows disc. Provide the same and restart your computer.

OMFG Re: Virus in Windows user switching files

The files is a virus. It is named to create a false impression in the user mind that it is a protected file. The virus creates registry value for autostart. The virus file is generally located in the following names. They are fastuserswitching.exe, F17016D8-AB12-4760-986C-20E3ED5187B7, ??????.RBF and 34861115.SVD. Delete this files if you found any.