Thread: Need some information on sber17.exe

Need some information on sber17.exe

Hi,
    I had downloaded a free softrware from torrent side. After running the tool I found my system running extremely slow. I uninstalled the same and scanned my system for virus. My antivirus detected a series of viruses and cleaned them. Some of them are quarantined except one which is named as SBER17.EXE. I tired to delete it but nothing happens. Is there a way by which I can remove this out manually. Thanks.

Re: Need some information on sber17.exe

It is a trojan virus. The virus has corrupted your Windows registry. Due to which it is self created again in the system. You can only remove it from the log result but the virus is still present in the Windows directory. To remove it you run a search process for the same. This can be done by press Ctrl + F in My Computer. Once you get the path of the virus then boot your system in safe mode and delete it. Try a antispyware tool. This will help.

It is a spyware. It is recommended that you must first update your virus and run a full system scan. If you do the same under safe mode then that will be better. The virus can be manually deleted if you search for the typical file name. Windows will list the common file name and then you can delete them manually. After that click on Start > Run and type sfc /scannow. Provide the Windows disc.

The virus is a self replicating files. That means it spread in your system and eats ups your system resource. First clean up your Temporary folder. Because this virus lies in that directory. After that search for the below listed files and delete them. Give shift + delete while removing the file. Otherwise the virus will lie in Recycle bin. The files are BE.17[n].EXE, ZAZODIN_1253488931.EXE, KOOB0001.EXE, etc.