Thread: Laptop wireless card not detected

Laptop wireless card not detected

My problem is my integrated wireless card. Until recently everything worked fine, but I had cuts with wifi, software intel pro set that managed my connection remained freezed and more way to do anything in wifi, if not restart.

So I decided to uninstall and reinstall. A quick search on the intel site and found the software and drivers for my ad hoc card Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG network connection. Once this is installed the icon in the bottom right telling me a problem with wireless card: no detection equipment. So I uninstalled all and I was searching the old version of intel pro set that I kept and I have reinstalled.

Everything works fine then. But shortly after, starting the machine, I got a DOS screen telling me there was a conflict in PCI BUS. Here are the error message:
    Resource Conflict - PCI
    Bus: 02 Device: 06 function 00
    Pressing F1, I restarted normally and everything worked except the wifi. A glance at the devices, network card tells me that there is no wireless card. It did not detect any more simply. I have the ethernet, the 1394 but more wifi. I again uninstalled and reinstalled. I tried different version of the software and drivers but nothing changes. At startup, I get the message of the conflict and the PCI wireless card is not detected. I probably made a mistake somewhere, I look around.

Can anyone suggest me where I was mistaken and also provide me an appropriate solution for this?

Here is my config:

Laptop - 5 years old
    OS - Windows XP Pro SP3
    CPU - Intel Pentium M 1.7 GHz

Re: Laptop wireless card not detected

With 2200BG, you've probably a Fujitsu (or equivalent ). If you have an error in the bios, so it's not a problem under XP. Now according to your laptop, you have a trap door below to access the wireless card to remove and recover and see what happens, or even change it.

Just in case, you have a button to activate the wifi on the laptop? When deactivating or reactivating, does it changes something?

And then in the worst case, if your card really is faulty, on a 5 years old laptop, than you must have a PCMCIA slot and you will be able to add a wifi pcmcia card (still better than USB).

I just had exactly the same problem on a Dell 610 card detection time, full pc was freezing. By the time I tried everything (software and physical replacement of the wireless card in particular), but the problem is upstream (motherboard), and thus I finally required to change my pc get things solved.

Thank you for your answers, I have been seeing in the BIOS and I changed the settings to see if it does not causing the problem. I actually think it's hardware. But I opened all the doors and I have not seen a wireless card. It is possible that this card is just dead?