Thread: Error Windows cannot find NTNDIS.EXE

Error Windows cannot find NTNDIS.EXE

Hi,
    I had scanned my system and detected a virus application named NTNDIS.EXE. I had searched the file and deleted the same. It was located in the drivers folder of Windows. After deleting the file when I restarted my computer a error comes up denoting that windows cannot find the file. And after giving OK the error is gone. It comes up every time when I boot my system. I need some solution for the same. Thanks.

Re: Error Windows cannot find NTNDIS.EXE

It is a malware. It is threat to system. The file is designed to launched automatically at startup. For this it create registry entries in your system. Because of which your computer looks for the file to launch and error pops out. Download and installed RegRun suite. This will repair your modified windows registry file and error will stop coming.

It is a spyware program. So do not try to re-install the application back again to stop the error. If you have any Spyware tool then you can remove the remaining also. Open My Computer > C > Windows > System32 > Drivers and delete this files ntndis.exe & ntndis.sys. Remove them out. After that restart your system in safe mode by press F8. In the list choose last good known configuration and hit enter.

You had deleted the file, but not the registry value created by it. The usual attack of the file is Windows directory. The virus not only placed a automated application but also modifies your Windows registry file. Click on Start > Run > Type regedit. In the editor navigate to the following path - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell. Delete the value created related to the file. Restart your system.