Thread: All speakers are not working after virus issue

All speakers are not working after virus issue

Hi,
    Yesterday I scanned my computer for virus. I am currently using a free edition of COMODO Antivirus. Because it was showing up virus warning from last week. After scanning I noticed that speakers on my computer is not working. I a placed four speaker at the front of my desktop. I am not able to understand the reason behind this. What should I do here to clear up this problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: All speakers are not working after virus issue

It cannot be a virus issue. First checkout your speaker connections. See that there is appropriate power supply available for the speaker. Then do this Right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. In the list right click on your sound driver and select update. Choose the automatic option and let windows search the drivers.

Just remove your speaker cables and restart your system. Then put them back together. Run any song and check. If there is no sound then try any other player like VLC player. If still not success then I will recommend you to upgrade your audio drivers. The virus might have corrupted the driver files which is then deleted by the Antivirus. Many time the virus associates it self with the driver which is accidentally modified. If you have the driver CD then you can just run the setup of your Motherboard disc.

Have you recently installed any audio enhancer tool. Like audio codec or something. I will recommend you to install K lite codec pack. This can be due to this. Secondly click on the volume icon at the corner and then adjust the sound properties. Open it click on Options > Properties. In the list select all options and move all the bars to top. Restart your system and check back again.