Thread: IE cannot open some website's

IE cannot open some website's

Hi,
    I am currently using Internet Explorer 6.0 for browsing the net. When I open certain sites the page is not displayed and denotes abort error. I had recently switched to BSNL broad band internet. I am getting ping response on yahoo but on the same side the page is not getting up displayed on the browser. Google and other sites are working fine. Please post some appropriate solutions for the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: IE cannot open some website's

Try to update your browser. Internet Explore 6 many not support some features or add ins in the current sites. You can simply download Internet Explore 7 or 8 for this purpose. They are equipped with all latest security options and offers smooth surfing. Clear your history and then try back again. Scan your system for virus under safe mode. If found then remove them.

It can be due to issue from the ISP side. Try renewing or reconnecting your internet connection back again. Set the security settings to minimum. Try this. Click on Start > Network > Local Area Network > Right click Properties. In the property window go to TCP/IP. Select the Assign IP address automatically. Restart your system.

First check the host file of windows. It is a text file which can edited or corrupted by the virus. If can get the same file from other computer then copy paste the same on following locations. c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. Second thing check your firewall settings and disable your antivirus. Clear your DNS cachse by giving the command in command prompt cmd /k ipconfig /flushdns. Once done restart your system and try back again.