Thread: How to remove Packed.Generic.235

How to remove Packed.Generic.235

Hello friends,

I am using Windows XP SP 3 as my operating system and everything was working fine last time when i used my system. After coming back form my business tour today when i started my computer i got an message as your computer is being infected by Packed.Generic.235 virus. Can anyone provide me some information about Packed.Generic.235 and tell me how to overcome from this message. Thanks in Advance.

How to remove Packed.Generic.235

Packed.Generic.235 is a generic detection for malicious encrypted or compressed file that was trying to hide itself from antivirus. To over come from this virus try to install latest version of symantec and have a check for the same, i am sure this would solve your problem, if that to doesn't solve your problem then install a fresh copy of Operating system.

Remove Packed.Generic.235

I was also having Packed.Generic.235 virus on my system i had installed latest version of AVG antivirus and it had remove virus from my system. Once Packed.Generic.235 is being removed from your computer i would guess you to use a firewall to block all incoming connections from the Internet to services that should not be publicly available. By default, you should deny all incoming connections and only allow services you explicitly want to offer to the outside world.

Re: How to remove Packed.Generic.235

Packed.Generic.235 is a type of malware virus. The characteristic of the virus is that it tends itself not to get visible to the anitivirus program. The virus is accompanied by an additional resources like mails attachment, downloads, etc. It is recommend that the virus must be removed at once when detected. Boot your computer in safe mode by press F8 at the booting. Then select Safe Mode and run a full system scan. If you still are suspicious then install Hijackthis. It will give a text file of entire services running in the computer. Track down the virus file and delete it.