Thread: can connect to internet but can't get to router

sad can connect to internet but can't get to router

After a ms update (vsta enterprise ed) then troubleshooting a dell 1320c networked printer that it broke, I am not able to get to my router via the browser (IE8.0.6001). Firefox either. Dell said the IP was stuck with the printer so they had me run a cmd. Needless to say all it did was clear out all my connection settings. I now (without their help) have my printer back working but I can not pull up my router. key in the IP (it is.1) and it just says can not display. Linksys says to update the firmware and it might fix it but that I would have to access its settings. hmmm kinda hard to do if I can't get to it. Its not a password issue, can't get that far but possibly browser? Someone mentioned it might be IE8 but I've been 8 for a while and not had this ever happen before. Maybe a setting that got wiped when I ran that command. I believe it was NETSH WINSOCK RESET CATALOG (enter) the NETSH WINSOCK SHOW CATALOG (enter) then NETSH INT IP RESET IPLOG.TXT (enter) . They said this resets the winsock and the tcp/ip stack. So, is this issue even related or did I inadvertly uncheck something else? Linksys WRT54G Ver.5. Linksys says its out of warr. but I can't afford to replace. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Re: can connect to internet but can't get to router

Did you got an installation Cd when you bought the router. For that you must re-configure your router in order to access internet. Once you have made the setup on your system, the router will share the internet connection. For that you need to open DOS window and then need to type: IPCONFIG /ALL >C:RESULT.TXT in it.