Thread: Number of ports in a computer

Number of ports in a computer

Hello friends,

I have been working with a project these days,which mostly concerned with programming which works with ports on a Router. But I don't know much about it and my first issue is that I don't know how many ports are there on a router?(or a simple desktop PC). Can anyone please help to clear my doubt thank you...
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Number of ports in a computer

I did Ping blocking on which I have now turned off and rebooted everything, not confident what DOS and SPI are, but I don't seem to have any settings for them in my router config.The bizarre thing is if you use Network Utility port scan you scan the router 192.168.2.1 it reports that port 80 is open. But if I scan 192.168.2.4 which is my computer it reports none open

Hi there,I would assume they are discussing about tcp/ip ports. If that is the case there are many topics on Iana.org.You know what firewalls are used to prevent ports (well other stuff too) and routers can route stuff from one port to another just a whole bunch of stuff.

Alright,Take a ethernet cable from the last port on the router and plug it into the wan on the linksys. Put the linksys in automatic DHCP, and turn the firewall off on the linksys, and ensure UNPN is on. After that you should have a internet connection on the linksys router. Plug your xbox into it and there should be no issue with playing. if you do have difficulties connecting to games, Put the linksys router in the DMZ in the router.