Thread: WEP key recovery

WEP key recovery

Hello guys, i have a linksys wireless router, please tell me how can i recover the wep key on my wireless touter? I forgot the WEP key for my wireless router. Please guide me to recover wep key.. thanks

Re: WEP key recovery

Have you tried to call by linksys supoort center? few days ago i had the pawword issue with my linksys router and call up to them and got a right solution from there. But they only gives helps if your routher is in warranty period. I think you must try some wep key recover software, google for it, i'm sure you'll find something helpful.

Just access your router control page by browser and change your wep key to something else,this time you just make sure that you write down and remembers this new key. If you can't sign up in your router then hold the reset key for few seconds and restore factory defaults. and then try to login with the default password and username of your router.

There are many tools for web recover are available, some i know are Wireless WEP Key Password Spy and WEPKR WEP Key Recovery , see its documentation here WEP Key Recovery . Not sure if this application will work for you otherwise restore to factory seetings would be best to apply.