Thread: Blocked Internet Access For Updated Programs

Blocked Internet Access For Updated Programs

Hey guys,

I'm running Win XP SP3, and since about 1-3 months if i had a program with access to the internet and updated it, then the access to the internet is blocked so now if i want to update my game i cant because then i wont be able to play online etc. i had this problem since i had a virus on my computer, im not sure if this is fully gone, it is still there or that there is something else that is causing the block. And also if i check the firewall exceptions they are there. i tried removing the exception and adding it again thinking it would only let the old version access internet but that didnt work. PLEASE guys help me get rid of my problem its really ruining my interest in computers. If anybody has the answer post it ASAP please.

Thanks in advance,
    Ch33ks

Re: Blocked Internet Access For Updated Programs

Quote Originally Posted by ch33ks View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm running Win XP SP3, and since about 1-3 months if i had a program with access to the internet and updated it, then the access to the internet is blocked so now if i want to update my game i cant because then i wont be able to play online etc. i had this problem since i had a virus on my computer, im not sure if this is fully gone, it is still there or that there is something else that is causing the block. And also if i check the firewall exceptions they are there. i tried removing the exception and adding it again thinking it would only let the old version access internet but that didnt work. PLEASE guys help me get rid of my problem its really ruining my interest in computers. If anybody has the answer post it ASAP please.

Thanks in advance,
    Ch33ks
    Why don't you do a clean install of Windows XP SP3 on your computer? That would be better and there would be no virus left. Just take backup of your important stuff and repartition the entire disk...

Quote Originally Posted by FaMe FacToR View Post
    Why don't you do a clean install of Windows XP SP3 on your computer? That would be better and there would be no virus left. Just take backup of your important stuff and repartition the entire disk...
    Ya the only problem is i dont have the XP CD anymore so how am i gonna do that?

ch33ks

Which antivirus you are using?

1. Download Norton Security Scan , its free. Perform a free virus scan.
    2. Also to make your pc free from spywares Download Ad-Aware

Quote Originally Posted by Worm4u View Post
    Which antivirus you are using?

1. Download Norton Security Scan , its free. Perform a free virus scan.
    2. Also to make your pc free from spywares Download Ad-Aware
    ATM im using Avira Anti Virus since with norton 360 i began having the problems and im using malware antibytes is that also against spyware?

Any help is apreciated thanx,
    CH33K$

malware antibytes is antimalware application, avira is one of the good antivirus but all this security application need each day update from internet for latest virus detection. Avira having Anti-Spyware so you no need any other application for spyware ..

Quote Originally Posted by timon View Post
    malware antibytes is antimalware application, avira is one of the good antivirus but all this security application need each day update from internet for latest virus detection. Avira having Anti-Spyware so you no need any other application for spyware ..
    Ya except i cant update my antivirus since that is now also getting blocked from the internet