Thread: Wsus 2.0 server Client caching data

Wsus 2.0 server Client caching data

Hiya,

I was considering whether the clients are caching data or not.Let me explain how I guess it could be.I was using a wsus 2.0 server and uninstalled it and configured a wsus 3.0 server up on a fresh system.I made the gpo to point the new server.Some machines are still attempting to download on the old server. The issue being that they report their error on the new one.So does the client cache data and if how can i flush the cache ?

Many thanks....

Re: Wsus 2.0 server Client caching data

We do have a load balancer in front of 2 HWS servers. I haven't really found much about this except what it says. Seems to be the usage statistics etc flunking.In 4.5 the client retains usage information in a local XML file. This makes the server to grab info on disconnected app usage, for instance. The client eventually forwards this back to the publishing server when set for RTSP/S, along with information about size of the fs cache.

You can cache in memory by using lists/hashtables/dictionaries whatever data structure you like all the time. So that should gain your tactics with no issues. Yes this is RAM so the memory is volatile.Anyway if the memory goes out, there are other issues with the system. I am not confident what you are targeting, but any computer purchased in the last 5-6 years is acting to have at least 256 meg of RAM. New machines have 2 gig+.

This problem occurs when some files in the update are missing, even though the update is downloaded and extracted successfully.To resolve this problem, remove the download directory, and then visit the update locations again.You should also go through this article on Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336