Thread: Can i print on my Printer from Remote Computer

Can i print on my Printer from Remote Computer

HI,, I use to work on a remote computer sometimes a day and also need to print some docs saved on the same. Now as it has no printer attached, I just wanted to know is that possible to print from a remote computer to my printer ? If yes, please let me know how.

Re: Can i print on my Printer from Remote Computer

Yeah, off course you can print on your printer. Printer redirection routes printing jobs from the terminal server or Remote Desktop computer to a printer attached to your local computer.During a Remote Desktop session, you can use your printer to print documents that are stored on the remote computer. You need to set this up just before you connect. The setting will be saved so that you won't need to change it the next time you connect.

Make sure that you select your printer in the Print dialog box each time you print.Just follow this steps to make set up to print from any remote computer:-

• Open Remote Desktop Connection by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, and then clicking Remote Desktop Connection.

• Click Options, and then click the Local Resources tab.

• Under Local devices and resources, select the Printers check box.

• Click Connect to start the session.

Printers attached to LPT and COM ports on the client (local) computer can be manually redirected, although manual redirection of printers connected through USB ports is not supported.To manually redirect a client printer, contact your administrator and provide the name of your computer. The client must be connected to the remote computer during manual redirection.

After the initial manual redirection, printers are automatically redirected during subsequent logons.