Thread: Server specifications

Server specifications

Hello friends,

I am going to put a database/web server on Linux, Apache, and MySQL.here am searching for good recommendations on the best specs for under $1,000.00 including back-up peripherals? I am fond of r intel over AMD processors.So please be stick with me

any suggestions greatly received ..

Re: Server specifications

Normally,the application or script won't care about the OS of the server until it learns how to correctly talk to the database that you're using.Confirm that whatever programs/scripts you're using are able to use mySQL databases. If they do, then most distro's will keep mySQL originally. So it's commonly installed, and it's just a matter of configuring the database itself.

Well, I can say it solely depends a lot on what you plan to have on that server.working with Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP server doesn't actually need much at all, but if you're planing to launch high-traffic sites that uses MySQL a lot then you may of course need some sophisticated hardware..So it's fairly complicated suggesting you without knowing some more about your imagination

If you're going to use Linux as just a server,I would advise CentOS basically, it's a free version of RedHat Enterprise Server. The thing is that it's supported for several years and no alternations are made to it, so it's really fantastic.Using a second server as a MySql server is (almost) always a better option if you able to afford it.But again, the server specs really depends on what kind of traffic you hoping so it's really hard to suggest at this point