Thread: What is Twitter koobface virus

What is Twitter koobface virus

Hi,
    I read on a article recently that twitter users can be affected by koobface virus. What is a koobface virus. How does it enters a system and what are the symbols by which a user can identify it. I am too a twitter users and recently formatted computer due to virus issue. I have AVG Internet Security currently on my system. If I had already infection then how can I remove it. I stay on Twitter for the whole day so there are more chances of my system to get affected. Any suggestions really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: What is Twitter koobface virus

Koobface is a computer worm that normally targets the users of social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, Myspace and Friendster. The motive of virus is to collect critical information of user like Credit Card details, banking information, etc. It virus is spread when a user sends a facebook message to the other users. It has a unique heading in the message like LOL, My home video, etc. When the message is opened it as for updating Flash player. If you user download then install the same his system is infected.

The virus easily enters you pc by asking for a Adobe Flash Player update. When you click on install it pop ups a error that error installing the update. Check the Windows folder for the following list of files. The file are normally located inside this folder only. If found then manually delete them. The first is splm\kbdsapi.dll, lmfunit32.dll, mcaserv32.dll and ncsjapi32.exe. Then in nScan\ecls.exe, ekrn.exe, ekrnAmon.dll, ekrnEmon.dll, ekrnEpfw.dll, ekrnScan.dll, em000_32.dat, etc. Also check for the following files in C:\Windows directory and delete them. The files are fbtre6.exe, mstre6.exe, f49f4d98.dat, t49f4d98.dat, fmark2.dat, tmark2.dat, etc.

The virus can be either removed manually or by running a full system scan under safe mode. Download mvregclean and ccleaner. Run them both. To identify that how does the virus is effected to your system you will get the list of following messages. Hey! Are you really in that video?, Congratulations! You are on TV!, Holly shit! You are on hidden camera!, Nice! Your body looks awesome on this video!, You were sighted on our secret camera!, etc. An unique message which you are not expecting. You can simply run a malware byte and get rid of this.