Thread: Emails being converted to plain text since AVG 8.0

Emails being converted to plain text since AVG 8.0

Hello everyone,

I have installed AVG 8.0,Now it brings out a issue in Outlook 2007 by which for some but not all emails I receive, the emails are converting to plain text, there by un attaching all images. I have checked through my Outlook preferences that I am configured to receive html emails.Moreover, I have looked through that the senders are in my "safe senders" list, so it does not at all an issue of Microsoft Outlook blocking content.and MyPoints are converted to plain text and not allowing me to display the images they contain.

please help me thanks,,

Re: Emails being converted to plain text since AVG 8.0

I would like to know if this mails are you are receiving, or are these emails that you are trying to send.it could be better if you specify the the version of the application you are asking about,your Operating system , and the Service Pack level., try unchecking the "Certify Email" box and see if that changes anything. I'm am testing that on my machine to see if that resolves the problem.

Firend,Are these attached images, embedded images or linked images on a web server?.It brings a huge difference when attempting to figure out the situation.Virus scanners are a usual troublemakers here as they often integrate with Outlook but not with Windows Live Mail.I would personally tell to disable the AVG email certs... Tools->Advanced Settings->Email

I had a issue few weeks ago where my Outlook tends to transform html messages to plain text after forwarding or replying. The original message altered after I'd handled it. Couldn't figure it out for a long time.I exhausted hours for troubleshooting the outlook and exchange server only to understand that the tags on my email messages that worked had the 7.5 version on them, and the plain text had in with the 8.0 upgrade version of AVG.