Thread: How can I run acer recovery disc

How can I run acer recovery disc

I tried the eRecovery bit and using the ones that came with the manufacturer but thats not it. i want to set my acer laptop to factory setting without using recovery cd but <Alt> <F10> doesn't work. i just recently try do recovery with the cd recovery but when i put the 1st cd when boot nothing happen. How do i found out the way out of this..

Re: How can I run acer recovery disc

Put the disc in and then restart the pc, once restarted with the disc already in it will say press any key to boot from disc, press a key quickly as it only gives you a few seconds to respond, follow the instructions making sure you format the partition on, the hard drive, no need to alter the partitions, just format the partition with ntfs format, after formatting it will say again to press any key to boot from disc.

I think the long check occurred because i had the 1st recovery cd on my cd drive. slap in disk one and reboot. It's going to restore everything back to the way it was when you got the machine. You'll lose everything you added. the boot actually took quite some time and looks like the cd drive is controlling my laptop. then i try to make another recovery cd but the process of copying the 1st took so long like nothing happen.

I tried to boot something else and it is ok. The cd boots fine. That is why I exclude BIOS Settings. The situation looks like that: I want to recover my system from recovery cd but I cannot. A quicker way to solve the problem and it only takes like 10 mins if you have a windows xp install disk,run your normal install,format your drive but exit befor it has a chance to install then reboot with your recovery disk in and all is good to go!