Thread: Best free Remote Desktop

Best free Remote Desktop

Hi, i'm here to know about the n=best free desktop applications available. I'm using UltraVNC right now and i have also used the LogMeIn but have found the UltraVnc best till now. Whats your favorite? and why?

Re: Best free Remote Desktop

For me TeamViewer is best of all. I have used the UltraVnc also. I do like TeamViewer more because it allows to connect to a computer that is running the host service and see their desktop just as if you were there. You can do anything on the computer. You can even turn it on or off by simply calling an administrator menu. There are 4 versions of this application, one of which is free and is the one I will be telling you about. That version has almost all the features of the paid versions. It is only missing support for Mac OS X computers and a network managing application. But you can still benefit from the many features that you can use with the Free version. The one advantage that would get me to use this application is the ability to connect to a host computer that is behind a firewall or router. With the first start automatic partner IDs are generated on both computers. Enter your partner’s ID into TeamViewer and the connection is established immediately. That is difficult to do with VNC applications without having to do some port forwarding here and there.

What problems have you been having? its really good , i think and you should switch form it to another, it has file transfer, better graphics, faster connections, chat interface, etc, etc. You can have many different connections open to different computers at the same time, but you can't have one connection to multiple systems, if you get my drift.

There are a lot of softwares for the same. TeamViewer is easy and simple to use. UltraVNC is also great but too many option may confuse you. Then there is TightVNC, FreeVNC and many more... If you want to know everyone's opinion see this Polls and Voting thread about it : Best VNC software?