Thread: removing Total security virus

removing Total security virus

I dont know how did Total security was installed on my machine (probably by my sister) but now it is not allowing me to run any of the softwares ot get into safe mode so that I can remove it from their. I have tried malwarebytes and hijackthis but it will not run and the process will not even stop in the task manager. So can anyone please tell me how to remove Total security virus. Thank you

Re: removing Total security virus

The Total security virus is nothing but a clone of XP Virus Protection malware. Both of these programs are malicious and fraudulent.TotalVirus Protection is actually a total scam. It’s not an anti-virus and it’s not capable of scanning a machine or detecting infections. Nevertheless, it reports virus attacks and similar security issues and it demands money for dealing with the problems. Needless to say, the alerts are falsified in order to trick people into purchasing Total VirusProtection. TotalVirusProtection is a malware. Don’t trust the program and avoid websites that promote Total Virus Protection as an anti-virus tool.

Read some guides from here: http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/501102.htm
    http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/533700.htm

Step 1
    Install McAfee Total Protection and follow the "Install Wizard" instructions as you determine your level of security. Consider the different preventive tools you need before you intall Total Protection program.

Step 2
    Prevent noncompliant systems from causing problems in your network. Use McAfee Total Protection as your security program. It's won't be necessary to have additional programs running to protect your computer from invaders.

Step 3
    Manage security from a single web-based console. Have the option of monitoring your computer's security from anywhere at anytime, as long as you have access to the Internet.

Step 4
    Protect computers from email attacks through McAfee Total Protection's spam filters. Enjoy automatic updates and filters which give you peace of mind.

Step 5
    Detect rootkits in your system and eliminate them. These can potentially lead to identity theft.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

You can easily remove this program from your computer system. To remove this spyware from your computer follow the steps given below.

• Open task manager and stop this processes. TotalSecurity 2009.exe, tsc.exe, Sc2C21UvvM.exe.
    • Delete following files. Winsource.dll, tsc.exe Sc2C21UvvM.exe winsource.dll TSC.lnk Help.lnk Registration.lnk Uninstall TSC.lnk and also delete the directory at C:\Program Files\TSC.
    • Remove registry entries of this files. To do this open registry editor and press F3.Then search for tsc.exe. Delete all the entries of that file from registry. Now search for TotalSecurity and Total Security and delete those entries too.Also look for winsource.dll file in registry and delete related entries from registry.