Thread: DI-634M router reboots unconditionally

DI-634M router reboots unconditionally

I am using Dlink's DI-634M router since 2 years. Everything was working fine until last Tuesday. But since then it started showing me problems such as rebooting and breaking connection. I tried everything from drivers update to firmware update and also checking the settings but none fixed the problem. So I am here to get some solution from you regarding my DI-634M reboots.

Re: DI-634M router reboots unconditionally

A router reboot is normal if you make any changes into it. If it reboots automatically then there may be something happened to your router which forces the router to reboot to prevent a more serious lockup or corruption. It is designed for this kind of reboots in uncommon situations. It happens if your router is placed in a warm place or an unventilated place. It may also be due to poor power supply.

Make sure someone isn't using the same IP address as assigned to you by your ISP. This makes your router to clash with the other in the network and results in unconditional rebooting. It could also be some kind of virus which is residing in your network and causes your devices to fail but due to security feature of your router, it simply reboots. It could also be the problem of some software which was recently installed which is clashing with something else on your computer.

Look at the cables and make sure they are properly placed and connected. If you are unsure then unplug everything and reconnect just to confirm if everything goes normal. Are you sure your router reboots and not jut the internet disconnects? Because if your internet disconnects then it may be your ISP which is not able to provide you the constant connection. You can even confirm with your ISP if that's the issue.