Thread: Do i need a wireless router

Do i need a wireless router

I am using MTNL adsl service o connected my pc through adsl modem. I am also having laptop on i want access internet wirelessly. I want to access internet on my computer and on laptop wirelessly at the same time. for that Do i need a wireless router ?

Re: Do i need a wireless router

To 2 computers in the AD-Hoc mode to connect, you need only 2 wireless adapter, which can be Wi-Fi PCI card (PC), PCMCIA (notebook), USB (any USB-enabled computers) or Compact Flash Cards (PDA) to be. Uses a computer with an Internet connection, so both can use this connection, however, have to make both PC's switched on.

It does not matter whether this wireless network alone there, or whether it is in an existing wired network is integrated. If in this Wi-Fi network using the Internet for all available, so must the computer with the Access Point to connect to the computer with the wireless adapters on the Internet can access. This requires the Pc with the Access Point is always turned on when each computer in the W-Lan Internet nuzten here.

The general standard for wireless networks is IEEE 802.11 or 802.11

It differs in A, B and G

A is the extension of the 802.11 standards for higher data rate (54 Mbps) on the 5 GHz frequency range to send and receive. The 5 GHz range is not very widespread.

B is the extension of the 802.11 standards for higher data rate (11 Mbit / s) at the usual 2.4 GHz frequency. This standard is sufficient for Internet / DSL entirely from the surf and e-mail query. Who large amounts of data via the internal network, you should rather use the standard G.

G is the standard, which is also in the 2.4 GHz range broadcasts, but with a speed of 54-Mbps or 108 Mbps. It is compatible to 802.11b standard
    This standard is at 1108 Mbit as fast as 100 Mbit wired networks and 54Mbit half as fast as on cable.