Thread: How to remove recycler virus

How to remove recycler virus

I am having Windows XP Sp2 as my Operating system and Quick heal as my antivirus install on my systsem. When i had a virus scan i found Trojan.Brisv. file in my recycle bin. I try to remove it from the tools option. However, when the antivirus scan runs again it finds the virus again.I'm wondering if that has something to do with it in the recycle bin and at the same time not really sure what to do since the removal tool doesn't seem to catch and remove it.

Remove recycler virus

Normally recycler virus is a virus that exploits the autorun feature of Windows. In essence, they recycle themselves by renaming themselves. So as soon as your anti-virus program deletes their actual name in your system, they quickly assign a new name to themselves for their very survival. It copies the autorun.inf files on each drive of the computer, be it permanent or a removable media such as DVDs, CD ROMs, USB Devices, or Memory Sticks. The recycler virus originated from the W32.Lecna.H worm that spreads itself by copying itself to all the active drives.

Remove recycler virus

I was also having recycler virus on laptop i try to follow the below steps and i was able to remove it hope it works for you too.

• First you have to search CTFMON.EXE process in Task manager after finding it kill that process.
    • Now search for CTFMON.EXE file by clicking on start and then goto search and after finding it delete those files.
    • Then disable hidden, system, and read only attributes for autorun.inf and recycled folder delete them and also clean the recycle bin.
    • Repeat these steps for all the drives on your computer.
    • Now open registry editor and modify the NoDriveTypeAutoRun entry with 03ffffff value after searching it in following registry folders:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE
      HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWARE

• Finally reboot your system for changes to get effected.

Dwonload remove recycler virus

In that case i would suggest you to install Norton Removal Tool which allows to abolish Norton applications of your computer and recycler virus normally recycle themselves by renaming themselves. So as soon as your anti-virus program deletes their actual name in your system, they quickly assign a new name to themselves for their very survival. Click on below link for downloading it.

Norton Removal Tool