Thread: Lucent Win Modem tweak

Lucent Win Modem tweak

I am trying since last 2 weeks to find out the correct initialization string for my Lucent Win Modem. I've got all the set up done. But I cannot connect to my internet. It shows trying to connect but then gives the message saying connection failed. Is there any tweak to use my Lucent Win Modem?

Re: Lucent Win Modem tweak

First make sure you have the most recent software drivers and firmware installed. You can check this with the manufacturer's website. Once you are sure everything is up-to-date then call your ISP and ask them to fix it, because setting your connection is their responsibility and is involved in the service that they give to you.

Re: Lucent Win Modem tweak

Can you see the modem in Device Manager? The best part of Lucent Win Modem is that no matter whoever sold you your modem, you can use any other company's firmware. You can find out here http://www.modemsite.com/56k/ltwin7.asp all the company websites that you can check for firmwares. And don't worry about your modem, no matter how much time you upgrade your modem nothing damages your modem.