Thread: Antennas for Linksys WRT54G router

Antennas for Linksys WRT54G router

I am in search of some best antennas for my Linksys WRT54G router. Basically I have the antennas which came alongwith my router but there range is not huge to reach my laptop throughout my home. I want some antenna which will give me mobility with speed throughout my home. Can anyone tell me where do I get such antennas for my Linksys WRT54G router?

Re: Antennas for Linksys WRT54G router

I think there are no such antennas based on your requirement. You can buy a custom cable with a RP-TNC Jack on one end and RP-TNC Plug on the other end. This is how you can use the original antenna along with a good range. But I would recommend you to go for purchasing a higher gain omni directional antenna.

Linksys HGA7T High Gain Antennas is all you need. HGA7T increase both the effective strength of the outgoing signals, and the receive sensitivity for incoming signals. The added signal strength and sensitivity also improves close-range communication reliability because every packet comes through "loud and clear", reducing retransmissions due to weak signal reception errors.

Using Linksys WRE54G Wireless-G Range Expander is the easy way to increase the effective coverage of your wireless network. Just put it within range of your main wireless router. It is designed to "bounce" signals into those distant, reflective corners and hard-to-reach areas where wireless coverage is spotty and cabling is impractical. The Expander is designed to find your wireless network and configure itself automatically.