Thread: Setting up Verizon dsl with netgear wireless router

Setting up Verizon dsl with netgear wireless router

Due my D-Link router's death, I got a new Netgear WNR2000 wireless router. I want now to connect this router to Verizon DSL but since this router is new and for the first time I have bought Netgear in my life, I am finding it difficult during my router setup. Is there anyone who can help me during my router setup? I mean what are the steps involved while setting up Verizon DSL with Netgear Wireless router?

Re: Setting up Verizon dsl with netgear wireless router

Many of the ISPs do not allow any third party routers to share their networks. Verizon seems to be one of them. I think they should have provided you a modem/router combo to use with their connection. Have you tried contacting them and asked for help during the setup? I am assuming that they can only help you how to use their connection with other routers.

I don't think their will be any problem with setup process and how can an ISP block their connection on other routers? How will they keep track of this? I think the simple steps would include going to your router's web page utility by typing the router's IP address on your web browser and entering each and every information of your ISP on the settings page and then finally saving the settings. You can even change the router's default IP address and username or password according to your convenience.

What all things you have tried out? I mean everything should be provided to you with Netgear router inside the manual or installation CD which cam alongwith the router. If you are still having some problems then you can visit Netgear's website or contact Netgear for assistance. Did you faced any problem and what? Please be more specific!