Thread: Print server connection

Print server connection

Hiya,

On my friend's home he has a NETGEAR network.I am attempting to hook a print server but unfortunately their printer is an all-in-one and you know what many of these print servers does not aide multi-funtion printers.Any one here know how to hook up this multi-function printer on a print server so that we will be able to make use of all the features?

any thoughts?
    Cheers...

Re: Print server connection

I am familiar with Zonet ZPS2102 print server with both Mac and Windows. Many of the native Mac drivers for USB connected printers aren't aided to run via wireless network,however many of them can be forcibly works,anyway (through CUPS), or you can use print fab software.

I did not set up a network scanner yet, unless it was actually a bit expensive corporate scanner, which was developed with direct Ethernet access for that correct function.Unfortunately, scanners rely on various applications and extended access.I believe it's not like printing where you just crap a formatted file to the printer & let it get on with it.

When some body need to scan anything in your home they require to physically go to the multifunction to do that.which tells that any remote use is a moot point.Is you print server a fully functional computer? If so, for scanning functions it could be better to easily make them at the server. Once an image has been saved on the server it should be accessible along the network.
    As far as printing goes I have seen printers that can't be networked but I would believe that wouldn't be the case with a multifunction gadget. It would be wise to verify that the unit can be networked.