Thread: How to do Remote Computer Access

How to do Remote Computer Access

Hello Good morning,

I would like to access my computer from a remote place. How do you this??? I know it has something do with a software and which makes the things under control.But i need to know can i do it with different ways?

Re: How to do Remote Computer Access

Instead of using the "home' version of remote access, my work place has Windows Terminal Server where I can log into my computer using any standard browser.I use remote access to control my work computer And all that’s doing is all the calculation, program running, stuffs like that goes on in my work computer and the internet basically shows me the video refreshed of my work computer. Since viewing a still picture is faster than running the actual application (i.e. ActiveX) via server it's very efficient. However, to have WTS is bit costly for just a personal usage.

I know some software's for doing this VNC, Radmin, RDP, any would work, logmein and other web based ones are only good for remote access when you don't have access to the firewalls involved.Else You can set up your server as a Terminal Server in admin mode and access it via remote desktop connection. All you would have to do is make sure your server has a static IP and in your router point it to port 3389. If you can get a static IP from you ISP for internet that would great but you can do a DDNS at dyndns.org. Keep in mind that the static for the server is different from what your ISP provides.

You can access remotely computers via wireless too.Then i know for Configuring desktop for Remote Desktop via Windows XP. Configure your computer for Remote Desktop via IIS,which is an optional install from your Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components. On this screen, select Internet Information Services (IIS) > World Wide Web Service > Remote Desktop Web Connection. Then open port 80 from router to client's ip in which you installed this method on.configure a server/domain using SBS 2003. This would allow you to logon remotely from anywhere, to any client.