Thread: Problem with norton removal tool

Problem with norton removal tool

I am facing some issue with office 2007, whenever i try to open any documents in Word, excel, PowerPoint all get freeze so i try to reinstall the Office 2007 and at the same time when i was trying to take the updates of Norton removal tool from the internet at that time unable to connect message. Does anyone facing such kind of issue ?

In that case have you checked out task manager to make sure nothing is going on in that case you need to shut down norton before trying to remove it as well. Final option after all other solutions have been exhausted would to reformat your system and not put norton on your system. May i suggest NOD32 or AVG antivirus, and Zone Alarm Firewall. NOD32 and i believe AVG use less resources than Norton and McAfee and do just as good or better in detection and removal and scanning before entering on a system.

Issue with norton removal tool

If you really want to remove Norton removal tool from your computer then try to use SymNRT which takes a fairly heavy handed approach and disregards all of these references and removes everything that it knows of related to the Norton products, regardless of references and at the same time it will also remove component references preventing everything from be removed via the normal methods.

Thanks for providing me information because i was assuming the reason behind the uninstall was linked Symantec shared components and according to me SymNRTdoesn't require LiveUpdate/LiveAdviser or LiveReg to function properly. Those functions (if removed by NRT) would just cease to function.