Thread: Disable wake on lan bios

Disable wake on lan bios

Hello friends,

I am using Windows Vista as my operating system over here whenever i am trying to connect on LAN computer gets Turn off automatically without any issue and when i asked my friend about it he told me to unplug the LAN cable and have a check for it and then it was workign fine but as soon as i plug my network cable and try to start my PC it's gets Turn OFF, he told me that i need to disable Wake on LAN feature and then it will be working fine can anyone tell me what steps i need to follow for it.

Disable wake on lan bios

There are many reasons for shutting down your system if power supply issue or RAM issue and if you think it's of LAN issue then it's also important that how does your computer is being connected on LAN is it via a router with port forwarding to the FTP or an Ethernet modem plugged into the NIC then in such kind of case i would suggest you to reinstall your Ethernet drivers and hope it works fro you.

Disable wake on lan bios

I have check out the other possibility to and i don't think so that because of power supply or RAM issue my computer gets Turn OFF, at the same time i had also try to reinstall Ethernet drivers but still facing same issue. Can anyone tell me how to disable Wake on LAN in BIOS.

Disable wake on lan bios

If you want to disable Wake on LAN in Bios then you need to restart your machine and press delete key or F2 button because it depends on your motherboard manufacturer some have Delete key and some have F2 key by pressing this will allow you to enter into BIOS setting and over here you will find wake-on-LAN make it as Disable, by the way this would be disabled by default and finally press F10 and press OK fro changes to get effected.