Thread: wireless router speed drop

wireless router speed drop

HI,
    I have broadband connection at my home. I am sharing this on my small home network connected with two computers and one laptop. All system runs windows XP. I can connect the internet but it is very slow. I think the wireless router is dropping out the speed. Sometimes it hangs the system and cannot connect at all. So anyone have nay suggestions?

Thank you.

Re: wireless router speed drop

If you think your router is not working properly and creating speed drop outs. Then you need to go for Latest Wireless Router. Repair or replace your router. Check for the updates like drives and firmware. Check your speed with directly connecting your modem to your computer. Try to reset all the settings for your router and network connections.

Cordless phones and other electronic devices are the most common cause of wireless speed and connectivity problems. Large metal objects and electrical equipment such as televisions, home entertainment electronics, and microwaves can also cause the problems. Physical obstructions such as walls, floors, home entertainment electronics, appliances, and furniture also creates interruption if the wireless signals have to pass through them.

Any wireless device could theoretically have an effect on the signal. Try turning off mobile devices like cellphones You can check each wireless device for the frequencies it uses and make sure you have nothing using the same frequency as the wireless router. Try to setup new connection and replace all cables.