Thread: Sierra AirCard 881 Wireless Unlocked High Speed PCMCIA Card

Sierra AirCard 881 Wireless Unlocked High Speed PCMCIA Card

Sierra Wireless HSUPA-capable product line includes the AirCard 881 PCMCIA Card. The AirCard 881 offers tri-band UMTS/HSPA and quad-band GPRS/EDGE for global connectivity and worldwide roaming.

Use Your Exisiting Phone's SIM Card And Add Instant Internet Access To Your Compatible Laptop!! The AirCard 881 has a built-in SIM card slot that lets you use your own cell phone SIM card (or get a new SIM card from your provider for 100% dedicated usage). When you use your SIM card, you'll instantly get Internet connection features of your existing account, without paying for a separate account for your laptop. If your exisiting account supports 3G access, then you will also get it on The AirCard 881. Keep in mind, that with your SIM card in the AirCard 881, you will not be able to answer or make regular calls. But this is the best way possible to get wireless Internet, whenever you need it, without a dedicated account connection!

With Sierra Wireless HSPA AirCardĀ® modems, mobile data customers will be able to send email attachments, upload information, and transmit data from portable devices at speeds up to a theoretical maximum speed of 2.0 Mbps. Downlink speeds are also improved over currently available models, with a theoretical maximum download speed of 7.2 Mbps.

The AirCard 881 is optimized for better fringe performance on North American networks.

Features

* Wireless upload speed up to 2 Mbps and download up to 7.2 Mbps
    * Durable, fixed antenna design with no moving parts
    * High-performance antenna that delivers improved speeds and extended coverage
    * Tri Band UMTS (850/1900/2100 MHz)
    * Quad Band GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
    * Worldwide roaming and global connectivity
    * Better performance in areas with weak or noisy signal conditions
    * High speed wireless connectivity in more places than Wi-Fi, offering greater mobility
    * Secure Internet access wherever there is network coverage
    * Solid product reliability so users can work efficiently on the road

Source : compusa

Re: Sierra AirCard 881 Wireless Unlocked High Speed PCMCIA Card

I can use my Tmobile 2GB with this plan? I realized that it will not be able to use anyway, because the PCMCIA and my new laptop does not have a slot ...

Re: Sierra AirCard 881 Wireless Unlocked High Speed PCMCIA Card

"Just put your Sim Card phone (AT & T, Cingular, T-Mobile or SIM card) into the card slot and insert the air unit in the PCMCIA port." Phones with only one SIM card with the Internet service will work. This is still a good deal on an unlocked card. Pcmcia pity. if all USB I ...