Thread: Connect computer via ip address

Connect computer via ip address

I have computer in my office (with static ip) and i want to connect that computer to another computer from different branch, Can any one how to connect to a pc with a ip address. So i can access or share data...

Re: Connect computer via ip address

To connect to a pc with a ip address you can use Remote Desktop Connection, you can quickly, simply and securely connect to Windows-based PCs to access Windows-based files, applications, devices, and networks. The Remote Desktop Connection software is pre-installed with Windows XP. To run it, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, click Communications, and then click Remote Desktop Connection.

If you're not using a hub, switch, or router to connect the two PCs, you need to use a cross-over cable. Click Start > Control Panel > Network Connections > Local Area Connection > Select “Properties >give proper ip address to both the computer which you want to connect and enter the same workgroup name on each computer.

HelpBeam 1.1 : HelpBeam lets you instantly connect to and control a remote computer over the Internet, across firewalls and proxies, using any browser with no installation necessary.HelpBeam is a web-based remote support service that provides a simple way for support technicians to quickly resolve online PC support requests through remote access. All the customer must do is visit the HelpBeam web site and download a small application. The support technician can then view, control and transfer files in real time on their machine.