Thread: Weird problem with mobile broadband

Weird problem with mobile broadband

For the past two days, my mobile broadband has been acting funny. Sometimes it wouldn't connect at all, sometimes it would, but even if it did. The internet wouldn't work. I'd get limited connectivity. I've managed to make it work by only using GPRS, but that is too slow. Whenever i try to connect to 3G (UMTS), it connects, but its always "limited connectivity". How do i fix this?

My laptop is where it has been for months now. And it used to work before. I've also noticed that the IPv6 is limited. Don't know if this has anything to do with this. Help?

Re: Weird problem with mobile broadband

This can sometimes happen if you have a PIN enabled on the SIM card. Just take the SIM card out of the USB and put it into your phone. From here you should be able to use your phone settings to disable the PIN.My second guess is there may be a problem with your USB port rather than your device. Do you have another USB slot on your laptop? If so, try plugging your USB dongle into a different port.You may have a compression setting automatically applied by your provider. You should visit your service providers help web site to see if there's an upgrade to your device software available

The PIN is disabled. And i've tried all four usb ports. What do you mean by compression setting?

I'll try to see if there is a newer version of the driver.

Another thing. When i was trying to connect using another usb port. It wouldn't even connect. It gave me this error " Cannot connect (0X84000011)"

Compression settings ease to speed up your connection. The result of this is that image quality on web pages can be reduced. If you would prefer to see images in higher or original quality, you can change these settings.Now this (0X84000011) error you get is related to wrong APN data (APN, username and password). Please contact your service provider to receive the correct APN data and make sure you fill it in correctly.

have luck cheers..!!!