Thread: Motorola sb5100 cable modem installation

Motorola sb5100 cable modem installation

Hi
    I purchased 3 months old from my friend give me motorola sb5100 cable modem . There is no issue in modem he purchased new modem so he sold that to me. I don't know how to install this can you help me ?

Thanks

Re: Motorola sb5100 cable modem installation

To install and configure your cable modem for a single PC running Microsoft Windows, you can use the Installation Assistant.

Otherwise, to install and configure your cable modem:

1. Install the cables as described in one of:

• “Cabling and Startup for a Single User"
      • “Cabling for Multiple Users”

2. If you are using the USB port only, go to “Setting Up a USB Driver”
      Ethernet users can skip this step.
    3. Configure TCP/IP and verify the IP address for your computer following one of:

“Configuring TCP/IP”
      Your Macintosh or UNIX

Cabling and Startup for a Single User

Allow 5 to 30 minutes to power up the first time because the SURFboard cable modem must find and lock on the appropriate channels for communications.

1. Be sure your computer is on and the cable modem is unplugged.
    2. Connect one end of the coaxial cable to the cable outlet or splitter. Connect the
    3. other end of the coaxial cable to the CABLE connector on the cable modem.
    4. Hand-tighten the connectors to avoid damaging them.
    5. Insert the SURFboard Cable Modem CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive.
    6. Plug the power cord into the +12VDC connector on the cable modem and the electrical outlet. This turns the SURFboard cable modem on. You do not need to unplug it when not in use.
    7. Check that the lights on the cable modem front cycle through this sequence:

• Power flashes during the self-test and changes to solid green when the self-test is successfully complete.
      • Receive flashes while scanning for the receive channel and changes to solid green when it is connected.
      • Send flashes while scanning for the send channel and changes to solid green when it is connected.
      • Online flashes while the cable modem downloads configuration data and
      • changes to solid green when the download is complete.

8. Connect your computer to the cable modem using USB or Ethernet:

USB: Be sure the SURFboard Cable Modem CD-ROM is inserted in your CD-ROM drive. Connect the USB cable to the USB port on the cable modem. Connect the other end to the USB port on your computer. Then perform “Setting Up a USB Driver”

Ethernet: Connect the provided Ethernet cable to the Ethernet connector on the cable modem. Connect the other end to the Ethernet port on your computer. Ethernet users do not need to set up USB.

sad Re: Motorola sb5100 cable modem installation

i have a surfboard 5100 its been fixed already was working it when down can anyone tell me how to put it back if know what i mean please help

Quote Originally Posted by Ren71 View Post
    i have a surfboard 5100 its been fixed already was working it when down can anyone tell me how to put it back if know what i mean please help
    Sorry mate.. am just unable to understand what are you telling. If am not in mistake you mean that you have a surfboard 5100, that is router and you are facing some problem with the same, right ? But what is the exact problem are you facing? please reply in details so that we can assist you better.

well right now as i am looking at the modem the Receive light is solid and the Send light keeps Blinking and the Online light does not light up at all

You have to reconfigure your router that is been installed and you are working with. As it is been done restart the modem and then look out for the thing. I hope you may then be able to get sort of the change and then work well with the aspect as essential and needed. Do look out for the thing that is assisted you may then be able to perform well with the thing.

lets be very clear the router its not the problem its the Modem it was hacked and online for about a month and on Monday it went down its not going online the online light does not go on the Receive and send lights are on can any have good Answer I say again its Not the Router

question: have motorola surfboard modem sb5100, with a usb connection. How do i change it to ethernet connection?