Thread: Server 2003 2nd drive/partiton missing

server 2003 2nd drive/partiton missing

Hi guys i've reinstaled a server 2003 that got infected ( yeah i know ! ) and that im using to learn about server technologies. i has a main boot drive and a backup one ( 250 Gb ide, 2 partitons) that is used to store files etc.
    The server reinstalled fine and initially the second drive was present, but after restarting from an update the second drive/pattition is missing in windows. If i use the manegment console its shows its there with the partitons but tells me they need formating. That isnt an option because i have data on them, is this a common thing? if i recall i did expereince something like it before but at the time had no data on them so formatting wasnt a problem.
    So my question is how do i make windows recognise them with out losing the data? i know i can boot using a linux or similar disk and transfer the info through that but it is a pain and to be honest Id like to know why this is happening. any idea's guys??
    glenn

Re: Server 2003 2nd drive/partiton missing

I think that might be due to conversion of disk format or due to quick format only you can do is just try to use Recovery software which can recover your data from hard disk since you have not perform format for that hard disk you can recover data..

The first check the boot sequence in the BIOS of your motherboard. The hard disk with Windows XP with an active partition must be the first of the sequence.

• you must right click on the job
    • select 'manage' from the menu
    • then 'disk management' and you should see to the right of your window partition missing
    • it simply by right clicking to initialize and format it if necessary

I think you need to do the last recovering point to recover for getting it solved or it might be some driver or program which has the problem with it which might have made it lost your one partition if recovering the files does not work then i will ask you to take the backup of all the important files & do a full system format for these time... Pray that this work for you if that doesn't work then it for you then the ultimate solution will be you need to replace the Hard Disk because it has got corrupted...!