Thread: Remote Desktop Connection locks up

Remote Desktop Connection locks up

I have recently formatted my new Dell laptop on which i have install Windows XP as my operating system. I am able to connect I can connect internally to the workstation via the LAN and exchange files. But when i try to have a connection via remote desktop i am not able to do so. I am prompted to enter the windows credentials, and after some time i am getting a message as connection times out.

Remote Desktop Connection issue

It might happen that there would be some connectivity issue because of which you are not able to connect it in that case i would suggest you to have former client as the host and vice versa and have a check for the same are you able to have connection with that or not if and the same time try to have check for LAN connection too is it working fine or not at both ends.

Remote Desktop Connection locks up

I have tried to do that too and i was able to connect and control it properly but due to some reason the host got freeze and after sometime i was being logged out on the clients side. In short this problem is happening at both the ends early everything was working fine don't know what would be the issue, when i ask my colleague about the same he was also facing same issue.

Remote Desktop Connection problem

According to me there would be two problems because of which you are not able to have Remote Desktop Connection problem. First would be your firewall which is not set up correctly. I mean to say that it is not configured to allow full communication of remote desktop client with server and another would be your network hardware issue You may have an intermittent hardware fault one that does not show up with occasional connection such as grabbing e-mails and web pages from the internet.