Thread: How to find the IP address?

How to find the IP address?

Is there any way to find out IP address from my login. If suppose i log on any website account then What can people tell from my IP address?

Re: How to find the IP address?

Every device connected to the public Internet is assigned a unique number known as an Internet Protocol (IP) address.
    You can tell the physical location of the internet service provider from ip address. there are many sites like find-ip-address.org and whois.sc. IP Address is an exclusive number all information technology devices use which identifies and allows them the ability to communicate with each other on a computer network.The original designers of TCP/IP defined an IP address as a 32-bit number and this system, now named Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4), is still in use today.

InterNIC—Public Information Regarding Internet Domain Name Registration Services it is use to find IP Address Location and it is use for tracking IP addresses.

The WHOIS and IPWHOIS toolsfind contact information for the owner of specified domain/hostname. Contact email addresses will not be obfuscated, as they are on the public page. IPWhois Tool is a free graphical client that connects to WHOIS servers located around the world to look up domain registration information...IPWHOIS is similar to WHOIS - finds contact information for the owner of the domain associated with the specific IP address.

Quite a few online websites that provide this info:

http://www.whatismyip.com/

Was one I found randomly. This IP is your external IP, ie how the world sees you, the IP from your router. Unless you can access the router, I dont think there is another way of finding out. Even "tracert" wont return your external IP to my knowledge.